View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #237
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Come on, what any player does in college is important. You evaluate there skills, movements, ability to handle body weight, maturity and positional strengths/weaknesses like back pedal, laterals, push, verticals, hip rotation, first step, routes & coverage etc. Sure you take into consideration who they play but that is a useful tool also. Does the player dominate the weaker opponent and step up against the greater guy? Does he have good motor or coast? If you follow college ball at all these are discuss annually as folks are this year with Clowney.
I can't imagine Graham Harrell didn't "look good" doing all of that in the Big 12. I believe Timmy Chang did as well. There's no guarantee how that player (Ryan Leaf) will translate to the NFL (Steve McNair) until he straps on the pads & take some snaps.

Case Keenum looked great playing for UH, just like Andre Ware did. But he looked better against KC than he did against Oakland. & this was with a better running game than he had in KC.

I like the kid. I think he has all the tools & the talent. But I think we're going to David Carr him... at least that's the way it looks right now. I honestly don't think our coach is helping him enough. But for what he's being asked to do right now, I think Oakland was a step back.

I hope, I pray, my fingers are crossed, & I'll be rooting for Jacksonville to be a step forward.