View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013   #62
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL Stop bleeding Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
So if the best player available is a QB and you've drafted a QB in the first round for the past 3 years, do you still draft bpa?

Eventually you have to take bpa at a position of need or at least don't take a player in a position you have no need for.
Yep but you ain't gonna win that war with BPA only folks. For the Texans, BPA each round would probably hit a priority or at least strong need. There can always be exception to filling a need such as a franchise type player when you need maybe a safety.

Don't know about you but I like to evaluate players and when selecting one, be aware of what is coming up in next one to two rounds at least. For example, we need to replace ILB but why go Mosley when you can get a very good linebacker in second or third round? Why draft Matthews in first if you think Antonio Richardson in second can lock down RT for 10 years? I definitely want to get into position to go BPA most rounds but this off season ain't gonna be it. However, if things go well (and when do they ever?) we can set this roster up for success.

I think Texans fans will be agreeable with almost any plan if they know McNair is committed to building a strong team. 4-3 or 3-4, ZBS or power blocking; run oriented, pass first or a mixture; Cam Newton or RG3 type QB as long as it produces football that we enjoy watching and bragging about, fan will be fanatics. That is what we do.

Oh and this