View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013   #49
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Rick/Gary Are Gone Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Same was probably the wrong word to use. I probably should have used something like "equally effective". He's a heady player and a sure tackler with a lot of the same pass coverage attributes of Christian Jones. And yes he does have much more upside than Jones transferring from a no name program and only playing two years at Cincinnati.
I wouldn't be able to comment on Blair, I am not familiar with him. I have a hard time watching Cincy and really their whole conference play. Usually, there is better football on, so I am behind on a lot of the guys in that conference.

In response to badboy about to Jones, it's just an agree to disagree situation. No real use for NastyNate and I to debate our opinions on Jones and his tackling ability. I like the guy a lot for his versatility, coverage ability and I do believe he is also a good tackler. People are going to have differing opinions on players and it's part of what makes this whole group process we do interesting. There's often atleast some validity to each person's opinion.

But yes Jones has moved to OLB/pass rusher this season. It happened early in the season and he is still acclimating to it. I've mentioned also that FSU had played their entire backup unit for the entire second half in the majority of games the season. Tackle numbers won't tell you the whole story about any player from that defensive unit.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote