View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Rick/Gary Are Gone Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Greg Blair from Cincy is the same player as Jones with more upside and can be had cheaper.
I like Blair but don't think you will find many to say he is same as Christian Jones. Blair is more like my 3rd round mock guy Skov with avg coverage skills but great stop the run in the box player. Sources I use have him rated in 5th and I'd say 4-5, maybe. No way he has more upside. I think our co poster Seminole would argue you and IIRC, he said Jones has played a lot of OLB reducing his tackles. Here is some info on Blair:

"08/11/2013 - TOP CINCINNATI PROSPECTS FOR THE 2014 NFL DRAFT: 1. LB Greg Blair (6-1, 252, 4.72)...A 2011 transfer from Lackawanna Community College, Blair burst onto the scene at Cincinnati with 138 tackles, 2.5 sacks and two interceptions from the middle linebacker spot as a first-year starter in 2012. While he exhibits strong instincts and a physical, down-hill approach against the run, he also displays impressive awareness and anticipation in space when dropping into coverage.

He's not incredibly fluid in reverse and lacks an elite first step when asked to break down and redirect, but he diagnoses early and will take good angles to compensate. He's also a bit "top-heavy" and might need to shed some weight to generate better explosiveness and suddenness, which would project more versatility and ultimately, higher value to pro scouts. Granted an additional year of eligibility for the 2013 season, Blair will have a shot to emerge as one of the '14 class' best linebacker prospects. - Derek Stephens, NFLDraftScout
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...rchive/1984529