View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013   #229
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
What Keenum did in a weak conference in college is irrelevant in the NFL where every player is an all conference type of guy and where the defenses are supremely more exotic.

For the Coogs out there I'm curious to know how he did against primetime programs. Admittedly I don't follow UH at all, but my vague recollection is that he never had a signature game against a top program, I could be wrong of course so don't go building a cross just yet.
Come on, what any player does in college is important. You evaluate there skills, movements, ability to handle body weight, maturity and positional strengths/weaknesses like back pedal, laterals, push, verticals, hip rotation, first step, routes & coverage etc. Sure you take into consideration who they play but that is a useful tool also. Does the player dominate the weaker opponent and step up against the greater guy? Does he have good motor or coast? If you follow college ball at all these are discuss annually as folks are this year with Clowney.