View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013   #276
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Sure. You know how lucky the Giants had to be both years they won, though? They didn't exactly win because they were the best team in the league. And don't get me wrong, luck matters a whole lot and you don't have to be the best team to win the Super Bowl. I just have a hard time relying on luck to carry us anywhere, given our history.
You're actually making some very strong points, but with your history of making excuses for KUbiak and constantly wanting him to drive this ship is very conflicting with this stance. The only way we were ever going to win anything under Kubiak was going to be with luck. Hell, the mere fact that we ever got to the playoffs with KUbiak was major luck considering the fact that we had to get a 3rd DC hired by the owner to transform the defense around in one season just to accomplish that. I don't think that people really comprehend that. Kubiak has never taken this team anywhere. It was Wade's defense that turned this team around temporarily.

Coughlin has had some nice success on those runs and he is the opposite of Kubiak from an accountability standpoint, but he is so old now and I wouldn't want to go down that road at this point. He'll be back with the Giants next season any way.