View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you want to see from the rest of the season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I want to see Keenum continue to grow and to lock down the QB position enabling the Texans to spend their resources fixing other areas of the team. I'd like to see the starting corners show up and the line get its act together for the remainder of the year.

Mostly though it's about Keenum getting playing time and improving. Some people say that if Kubiak is gone then Keenum won't get a shot because a new coach will want his own QB. I say that this is an owner who hired Kubiak more or less on the condition that he answer the question "Can we win with David Carr?" in the affirmative.

I don't want to see Keenum show well enough for McNair to hold the next coach to using him. I want him to show well enough for the next coach to want to use him. McNair will do the rest.
110% agree with this post. There's far too much at stake to pull any azz clown crap like Kubiak did last week again. (Upper) Management needs to know, for sure, what they have in Keenum and the only way to do that is to let him play. My biggest fear is that Kubiak is going to stunt his growth by choking him down with the turtleneck offense he's known to go to.

Maybe Kubiak sees the writing on the wall and decides to call plays for his coaching future, whether in Houston or elsewhere, and show that he can call a more modern offensive game and really mix it up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Wins.

This losing **** is getting old.
AMEN, young man!!!! I understand the thought behind all of the "lose out" stuff, but I really doubt many truly feel that way in their heart. No diehard fan wants to see their team lose just for a higher draft pick. You can completely blow a draft pick from anywhere on the board, not just the top 1-3 spots. I want to see consistently good football. It doesn't have to be great, just good. A good PK and good fundamentals on both sides of the ball and ST's (securing the ball and making tackles) would have the Texans at 6-4 or 7-3, regardless of Schaub and his pick 6 binge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
See enough of our young talent to make a determination of keep/release. Don't we have some WRs on practice squad.

Don't know exact ramifications of taking chances on other teams practice squad players. Would have been nice to see if WillieJ was anything but we may be able to do the same in a different way.

Basically use the rest of the season to learn all we can so we can know what we have now and plan for next year. Let starters heal that are questionable health wise. Don't just waste the season trying to win meaningless games.

May do the same with coaching staff but probably not feasible.

Experiment with the players you have. Do it with all players not just Case.
I somewhat agree with this except that playing a lot of young guys over vets on offense could very well adversely affect a good analysis on Keenum. I'd rather see him play with the starters, barring injury.

On defense, they could bench 2/3's of the starters and we'd probably never notice. I lost respect for Ed Reed for his comments, but they might well be true. This defense has been more miss than hit since game 6 or so last season. I wouldn't mind seeing some different combinations on D and letting Herring call the D. He stood in for Wade when he had his surgery (with so-so results). That and let any random fan from the stands coach ST's. That's the best I could come up with on the bolded. LOL