View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013   #215
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's what I said. Problem is he can't bring himself to not try and mold Case into another one of his guys. Instead of doing what Case does well and building an offense around it he's back to that same old square peg - round hole mentality that is his Achilles heel.
Ding ding ding.

Those who followed Keenum at UH know that he can run an up-tempo offense like there's no tomorrow.
The coaches had to slow it down because the defense can't keep up (due to lack of depth.)

He beat blitzes all the time.
It doesn't matter.
You can send the house or you can drop nine.

But, there has to be plays to make it work.
You can't bang your head against the wall.
All this talk about Keenum not being able to recognize blitzes made me laugh so hard.

Yes, he did miss a hot here and there;
I still remember how Schaub was so bad that he got sacked right off the bat th first couple of years he was here.

But, that's fine.
Some people are holding Keenum to a high standard.
All good.

The funny thing about Leebigz, for example, is that he treats Geno Smith differently. He tells me "but Geno did a few things well, can't you see it?"

In the meantime, Smith continues to err at a rocket rate.

But Geno has the potential to be a franchise QB, and Keenum is not the future.

I've never laughed so hard, LOL , LOL.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote