Originally Posted by steelbtexan
Rd.1 Jake Matthews- OT Texas A&M, 6'5 308 5.25, Matthews is an impact 10 yr starter, great runblocker who has the feet to be a dominate pass blocker too. High football IQ, great bloodlines.
Rd.2 Christin Jones- ILB-OLB, Fla St. 6'2 232 4.64, Jones is a fast tough instinctive LB that can play anywhere in the LB corps. He's a playmaker, something the Texans are sorely lacking. I've got the feeling he can be a pass rusher in the Dumerville role or if the new DC decides to play a 4-3 defense (Something I recommend) he would be a great WLB.
3.Ryan Carrethers- DT Arkansas St. 6'3 328 5.26, Former Wrestler with great quickness. I college he is as dominant as Wilfork is in the NFL. The only reason he falls this far is becuse he plays at a small school. This guy will become dominant in a couple of yrs. This is the guy to help shore up the run defense and keep OL off of cushing.
4. Deion Belue- CB Alabama, 5'11 183 4.48, Top cover guy, good instincts, solid tackler, although he's small was a top S recruit coming out of HS. Major upgrade over McCain. I would trade up if I had to and pick Belue in the bottom of the 3rd.
5. Jon Halapio- OG Florida 6'3 320 5.28, Halapio is a big strong tough guy who the Gators run behind when they need to run the football. Has started 33 games, while he isn't overly athletic Halapio is a football player. He reminds me of a bigger Briesel
5. DeAndre Coleman- DT California, 6'5 315 5.12, Coleman is a big athletic guy who plays on a crappy defense, but I like the fact that he never gives up despite his team gets blown out regularly. He has a chance to be a much better pro than college player. More help in transforming to ais 4-3.
6. Tyler Gaffney- RB Stanford 6'0 226 Stanford, 6'0 226 4.56, Tough, durable, workhorse RB, is always strongest in the 4th qtr. Great feel for the run game, good pass blocker, can catch the ball out of the backfield. Pro ready, Former pro baseball player.
7. Nehemiah Hicks- TE Texas A&M 6'4 255 4.68, Big target, good hands, good blocker. He has been unde used in the pass game but has made his presence felt in the un game. He has potential to be the blocking TE that this team has been missing. He need to get even stronger/bigger but the potential is their.