View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #31
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Steel B's Rick/Gary Are Gone Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I watched Jones play in 3 games this yr. Miami/Fla, Maryland,Clemson.

Jones appeared to be a very versatile LB, that played inside, outside and was a very good coverage guy and althought he didn't rush the passer alot he appeared to have the instincts/speed that it takes to improve that part of his game.

Jones is a leader on the defense, he's not a big hitter but he seems to be in the right spot and usually brings down whoever has the ball.

The only reason Jones might be available in the 2nd rd is that he's a little undersized to play MLB. But I will take speed and instincts over size every day. (See, Derrick Brooks/Zack Thomas/Sam Mills etc...)
He's great in coverage, but a below average tackler. He's an oversized finesse safety. Please don't compare him to Zach Thomas, Thomas absolutely brought the wood. No bend to finish plays, too upright. IMHO I don't see him being much at the NFL level.

This is coming from a guy who was absolutely in love with Vontaze Burfict in the sixth in 2012 as the best LB next to Keuchly by a long shot. I don't get the hype for this kid at the NFL level.