View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #208
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Kubiak:

Quote:
(on how much QB Case Keenum liking to move out of the pocket is a challenge for the offensive line) “Yeah, it might be a little bit different because he moves a lot more obviously than Matt (Schaub) does, so it might be a little bit different from that standpoint. But as far as what we’re doing, what we’re calling, we haven’t invented the wheel with Case other than putting him back there in the pistol and doing a lot of work form there. A lot of the concepts we’re doing the same. I wouldn’t say that that is that big of a factor.”

(on QB Case Keenum still learning a lot about being a starter) “Yeah, there’s a great deal to learn. It’s every week. It’s funny, when you play a young guy like that, it’s interesting to me going through it for years, usually, initially, the first wave of some really good stuff and then it’s like the more you get going, the more football they play, the more people watch them. Now, the growth process really starts and I think that’s kind of going on with him right now. But he’s responded. Like practice and game plans, he’s what now five weeks into the game plans, I’m the guy, I’m playing, I’ve got to study my tail off. So, so many things are happening for him becoming a starter right now, off the field as well as on the field.”

(on if QB Case Keenum needs to get more comfortable staying in the pocket)
“Well, you don’t want to ever take away his ability to make plays. I want him to react and do those types of things. There’s some time I think that he’s looking at things saying, ‘There was no reason for me to leave there and those type of things.’ But at the same time, the reason he’s making those plays and has been effective and done the things he’s things is because he’s got some of that gunslinger in him, and those good ones do. So I think that’s what gives him a chance, an excellent chance to be a good player in this league.”
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote