View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Rick/Gary Are Gone Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
You remember last year when everyone said this yr is not a good qb class,let's. Wait till 2014? Now you and others are saying 2015 is the class of qbs to wait on. You can talk your way out of a qb,but if you evaluate properly, you see elite skilled qbs in this draft. You don't wanna waste your honeymoon like kubiak did. Case can compete for the spot and in the case of a guy potentially like hundley,he might need 6 games like mcnabb. Guys like mariotta,boyd,murray,and manziel are starting from day 1. I'm not passing those guys,especially hundley,marriotta,and maybe even boyd at the top of the 1st rd for case keenum who can't play well vs oakland at home.
Nope, I'm the guy who would already have my QB of the future. (Tyler Bray) He has all of the ability in the world but Dooley tried to ruin his career. Luckily for Bray Andy Reid gave him a chance as a UDFA and he not only made the team, he outplayed Danel this preseason and put himself in a position to play if Smith gets hurt and Daniel plays badly at all. There was talk of Bray beating out Daniel for the QB2 position this preseason in KC. So I didn't even mention the 2014 QB class.

I agee with you about the honeymoon period but I didn't say what I think a new HC would do at QB. I said what I would do. All of the QB's you named have just as many warts as Case has and just as much of a % to be a bust. I mean do you think Mariotta/Boyd/Murray/Manziel are going to have issues with the speed of the game/picking up blitzes after 4 games as a starter.

Sure they will, Look I'm not a Case fanboy and see the areas that he needs to improve. But he has talent and since I'm not a fan of this yrs QB class all I'm saying is I would pass and draft a QB in 2015 if Case isn't the guy.

This offense is broken, from the conservative playcalling to trying to mask a terrible OL to QB play, to dropped passes and poorly run routes by the TE's/Wr"s it is what it is. The offense is scoing more points with Keenum playing QB than it was with Schaub. So Keenum cant be doing that bad, could a big part of the problem be Gary's lack of 3rd qtr adjustments.

If I was forced to pick a QB in this draft then I would drop Jones as my 2nd rd pick and take McCarron there. Switch to a 4-3 and pray Cushing doesn't get hurt again. BTW, I do agree with you the new HC will probably pick a QB in rd1-2.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote