View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #291
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Listen, booing your home team is very common. That's not the objection.

The objection is booing WHILE the team is on the field trying to execute a play.
I understand your distinction. Any other season that does not have an 8 game losing streak, I would be disgusted, as well.

This is not a stupid fan base. I have been to many games, including playoff games, where the fan collective knew exactly when to be noisy and when to be quiet.

And because of that, I think the fans sent a clear message to Bob McNair with the boos at that specific time in the game. There is only ONE reason why fans acted that way.

The offense already had three drives that were 3-and-outs to start the second half. No boos when it happened. It's not like fans were just randomly booing a bad product. They were not consistently booing the offense prior to no. 8 trotting out there.

This was a clear message to McNair from his paying customers. He knows this fan base does not regularly make noise when our offense is on the field. He knows that 99% of the time the boos are for opposing teams. And he knows this is a loyal city that desperately wants a winning football team.

I understand your overall point. But, I'm giving a pass to the fans on this one. These are extraordinary circumstances to see a 12-4 playoff team go 2-8 and look like one of the worst teams in the league. Dysfunction is rampant, discontent is spreading like a virus, and the winds of rebellion against status quo are turning into hurricane force storms.