View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #282
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's really not that uncommon, this article is about the 2010 season:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/spor...point_hom.html

People don't want to pay to see their team be complete crap, and the best way for them to voice their displeasure is to boo at the game. The next best way is to not buy tickets or not show up for the game. For some, it is a bit too late for option 2.
Good article find. I have Googled the subject, as well, and booing has become rather common across the league. Even teams like this year's Broncos and Patriots, both led by future HoF QBs and certain of playoff spots, are getting booed.

Pointing at Houston fans like it is exclusive is either agenda driven or the product of media blinders. In no way is it objective to act like Houston is the only place that it has happened.

As for your last point, I do wonder if their is a direct correlation in the rise of PSLs and booing. Point being that in the past, people would not renew season tickets as sign of disgust for a bad product. However, with PSLs, there is a "investment incentive" that they do not want to lose the initial costs just to buy the seats. So they are stuck buying the season tickets year in / year out, and as a result the only way to show displeasure is to get liquored up and be vocal about it.

I'm not one to boo my own team. That said, I'm not going to get on my high horse and act like I am superior to everyone else.

I understand the disgust of fans.

And I understand the perspective of players.

The ones I just don't get are the fans who have nothing better to do than bag on other fans, especially when they exhibit a superiority complex displayed through lame insults and generalized assumptions. And we got it the first time you wrote it, so writing it again and again in multiple posts serves no purpose than to create a straw man diversion from the big issues with this franchise.