View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #41
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Uh oh. This could be a big problem for Winston if true.

He may have to be suspended (per FSU rules) if he get charged and this is looking VERY bad for the Tallahassee PD and FSU. And if they buried a rape investigation and lied to the media about the victim being drunk when she wasn't BECAUSE he was a football player, the school may have no choice but to suspend him pending the investigation to save face.

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2013/PDFs/winston.pdf
It wouldn't be FSU's fault. It's more on TPD and potentially the State Attorney's office. I've heard that it's possible that the State Attorney's office, even Meggs, did know about the case back in December of last year. Either way, something is foul here.

If the family received blood and DNA work back in April, why are they not wondering why charges were not brought based on those results? Seems to me that if Winston was identified via blood work, the family would expect charges to be brought on him. Yet, they don't seem to be wondering about that. Did the blood work show that he was or wasn't involved? Considering they didn't bring that up, leads me to believe that he wasn't identified.

Too many question marks. Way too many. If she's been raped, where did she wake up? Seems that if you wake up somewhere and are unsure of who may have raped you, wouldn't you be able to determine that based on the residence in which you woke up? That would be a good place to start. So, she called police about the attack and did she tell them where she woke up? The part in which Winston wasn't initially named as the suspect by the victim is strange to me. Why would it take you 1 month to identify someone if you aren't intoxicated, as the family suggests? Also, why is the description of the attacker in the original police report so far off from Winston's physical description.

Why does it matter how much time Winston has to get his defense team and witnesses together? Witnesses are going to either lie or tell the truth, time doesn't change that. The defense also thought things were over in February, so why does that even matter?

Either way, the State Attorney's office is now heading the investigation so the original detectives are not leading the current investigation. I don't even know if they are involved. The only new information that we have is that witnesses have supported Winston's claims of what happened and that the family may have received blood work at some point in which didn't constitute charges being brought on Winston. Those two things and that the family is claiming that TPD improperly handled the case.

Need more information. Sounds like TPD was either biased or negligent in how they handled this, the State Attorney's office is corrupt, and/or the victim didn't have any concrete information that she gave to police, regardless of if Winston is guilty or not guilty. Wouldn't be surprised if both TPD and the State Attorney's office is corrupt. Meggs has been accused of corruption since as far back as 1999 over a number of issues.

Honestly, who gets raped, gets the blood work back and doesn't press for charges after 8 months have gone by? Who fears for their daughter's public perception over justice in their daughter's rape? All sounds very strange to me. If you are worried about public perception, transfer schools and sue for damages. If my daughter is raped, I'm going all out to get justice. I don't care who is the supposed perpetrator.

There's also a picture going around the area of Winston in the club kissing this girl and she's all wrapped around him, so take that for whatever it's worth. Probably nothing. She's white by the way. Pretty sure the club is "Coliseum" based on the decor that I see.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote