View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #269
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
So is that why people are mad? Because they get paid millions and guys like me and you get 60k?

Fans can boo that's a given, but Tate only spoke the truth! So then he should have just said 'yeah it was great the fans boo'd us into a false start the last play of the game, we live that and we love our fans'. <wink> with a sparkle in his smile. I appreciate his candor.
As Tate grows up, he'll likely learn that being right isn't always right. Fans aren't mad that he gets paid bank. The bank reference is a reality check that as a "Paid Entertainer/Performer" there's going to be some criticism when you stink up the joint. Although, some nut huggers, like yourself will find it intolerable, the TRUTH is it's inevitable that poor performance will warrant criticism.

I wouldn't want to speculate as to what has fans "mad" as you put it. For me I take no offense by his comment. But objectively, I see his comment, while true, having little bearing on the root of his frustration and certainly not a vessel in which to right the ship. To stand on a soap box and whine about how booing fans suck, truth or fiction, when you are 2-8 is petty and can only bring on further backlash.