View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #18
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After watching the last 3 games over -- blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've said things about Case that makes some people think I am biased against him. However, all things considering, the injuries we've sustained on offense, the issue with Kubiak's health, the issues at RT... the offense is doing "well"

The defense, on the other hand... we can't be giving up TDs every time we turn the ball over & we can't be giving up 28 points to undrafted rookies on their first start & we can't be giving up 80 yard TD runs to guys who run a 4.5 forty.

Had anyone made a tackle, had Dj Swearinger not get trucked... Schaub would have watched Case win his first game as a Houston Texan at home.

If we had anyone other than Brice McCain playing CB... if we could have kept him off the field, the Raiders just might have scored 14 points less than they did on Sunday.
While I agree with the problems you've mentioned on Offense the same could be said for the Defense. The loss of Cushing and Manning. The issues with Ed Reed. The issues with B. McCain. The issues with the lack of sacks/pressure from the OLB's. Other than that the Defense is playing well.

Face it, this team has lost a lot of talent, and I'm not just talking about injuries either. This team has lost a lot the last 2 years due to the salary cap! Anyone, unless they're blind, can look at the O-line and LBers and see they've lost talent and haven't been able to replace it. One bad or unproductive draft class, plus some key injuries, and you can see what happens. Guys that were being counted on to fill the voids of those who left aren't there. Some teams are good enough and lucky enough to fill those voids, or their coaches have built up enough reputation (winning seasons) to weather a down year or 2, but I don't think Kubes has. And, Smith might be going too!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote