View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #250
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
There is nothing that makes winning less likely than putting Matt Schuab in at QB. That is an act that you are defending. You can say the outcome was still undecided, but the outcome when Schaub is in (this year more than any other) is bleak at best. Booing the offense did less to help lose the game than Schaub being unable to lead a TD drive when it mattered most. The last throw in the endzone was the triple coverage. Defend Schaub and Kubiaks decision to play him all you want. I've seen enough to know for sure that Schaub is not a good QB. Now I want to see if Keenum can get the job done so the team can prepare for next season.
But, schaub was in the game... That was out of the fans control... So, at that point, does the team have a better chance of winning if the crowd is quiet on offense and disruptive when Oakland is on offense? Of course! But fans cared more about expressing their anger at Matt schaub than the texans winning that game.

I am not making a judgment on that, other than to highlight the hypocrisy of those who act like winning is all that matters.

In 2005, I was booing in the stands and cared more about organizational change than about the texans winning. So, I get that... Just don't bookend that behavior with diatribes about winning being more important than character and about being entitled to root for a championship team. Nobody is "entitled" as a spectator for that outcome... And certainly not those people that actively work against the winning interest of the team as they did on Sunday.