View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013   #52
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Highest 2014 priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Coaching makes a huge difference...look at the saints....garbage last year, payton comes back and they're a SB favorite.
The same could be said of the Chiefs, and the Eagles. Though the Eagles previous coach is the guy leading the 9-1 Chiefs so the situation and personnel make a big difference too.

Funny thing is the Panthers were a bad team under John Fox, who is now HC of the 9-1 Broncos. Yet the Panthers defense has surged to new heights and have high expectations this season under a second year coach in Ron Rivera, who had never been a head coach before. I think that has a lot to do with how the talent is utilized by the right coach.

We have seen this countless times in the NFL that a team with a lot of talent simply needs a new coach to come in and assess the issues, fill some major holes, and implement a new strategy that accentuates the team's advantages. I think the Texans could be a 10 win team next year with the right coach at the helm. Maybe it will take a year of rebuilding, like the Panthers did, but the fact is you need a HC willing to adjust to the current talent. We don't have that right now, so that's our biggest need. I voted "something else" because HC/GM/OC/DC are all major needs. We need new management.