View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #101
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

I don't agree with LZ's rant. If that's what he thinks, that's what he thinks, but he doesn't need to be putting words into Andre Johnson's mouth. We have no idea what Andre's frustration level is, or who he's frustrated with. All we've got to go by is what he said.

I think it was a bad idea to go back to Matt Schaub, but as soon as it happened, I told my wife, "At least now we'll move the ball." Sorry, but I had no faith in Case Keenum getting us into scoring position. We had 41 total yards of offense in the second half of the Arizona game. Something like that against Indy, & I think 27 against Kansas City. On top of that, Case looked more timid than he had in the previous 3 games. He looked like a rookie taking 10+ yard sacks.

That said, never in a million years would I have put Matt Schaub in the game. Even if Case is injured (twisted ankle, or the wind knocked out of him, or something) Matt would have handed the ball off & we'd have punted. If Keenum is ready to go the next series, Keenum is getting back in the game.

Because if I'm Bob McNair, the only thing that's going to earn Gary Kubiak a reprieve is hope that there's a bright future for the Houston Texans & I've got to believe Gary is part of that. If he found Keenum, if he developed Keenum, if he was grooming him all along to be our starting QB, then I'm not going to lay this debacle at his feet. No one could have predicted Schaub would lose it the way he did, so fast, so completely.

But benching Case tells me finding him was as much a fluke as winning 12 games last season. Kubiak didn't "know" that Case could lead this franchise one day. Kubiak didn't "plan" to replace Schaub in 2014 if we had to. Maybe we had a better chance to win with Matt Schaub, but benching Case tells me Kubiak doesn't think we had a chance at all with Keenum & if that's the case, what do I need him for?

If Case is not the answer, I don't need someone hear to convince me to take a $10M cap hit for Matt Schaub. It's not going to happen. No way, no how. If Case is not the answer, I don't need (or want) Gary Kubiak picking the next QB for the Houston Texans. First he told me (Bob McNair) that he could win with David Carr.... admitted he was wrong. Then he told me he could win with Matt Schaub..... then admitted Schaub needed help from the defensive side of the ball... then tells me he needs more play-makers for Schaub... then Schaub comes unglued & no one can convince me (Bob McNair) Matt can win a Super Bowl.