View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #12
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 12391 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After watching the last 3 games over --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
my issue is the shotgun and pistol. i'm not an expert on blocking, but teams that dont have their quarterback under center tend to have a lot of problems run blocking. you have to build your line for that style of offense, and those offenses are built around elite quarterbacks - brady, manning, rodgers, etc. the only one that doesnt fit that is the saints, they have a top 3-5 quarterback but still put a ton of emphasis on keeping the running game active with scheme, money, and draft picks. since we're built to run block in the zone scheme, we are having a lot of trouble trying to adjust 10 players to fit the new #1.

i 100% believe that if we can get keenum comfortable under center we'll be a WHOOOOLE lot more consistent and it will improve our blocking to at least last year's level. it will keep teams from coming after the quarterback because doing so will open running lanes, and it will give keenum more opportunities to play-action into 8 second plays that find someone deep. part of that is because the line WANTS to run block, they get to impose their will. spending all day dropping and being a little off with the long snap is exhausting and the defense gets to adjust individually and schematically to get through.
Common sense really, hand the ball off to a runner with forward momentum or hand the ball off to a stationary runner while the defense gains the forward momentum.