View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #166
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3383 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I went back and reviewed the game observing the plays called with Case and Schaub.......and it was so obvious that Kubiak did absolutely NOTHING to help Case to succeed. The short middle field outlet was not even a given option. People are right when they say that Case couldn't see the short route receivers over the blitzing defenders.................there weren't any.:
Thanks for looking that over. I noticed that during the game but I wasn't sure just how many plays I identified. I was getting really frustrated when people were saying "Case can't read the blitz" because I wasn't seeing anyone else reading the blitz either. No hot routes that I could identify, no slants, no routes breaking early. I saw one blitz where the shortest route was a 15 yard out!!

It seemed as if the plays called were discounting the reality of the all-out blitz and left Case to make his own time to throw. There didn't seem to be a game plan to deal with the blitz either. Very few screens, no draws, no shovel passes, no max protect.

Kubiak isn't dumb, but he is stubborn. I have no idea what his logic was there.

The blitz is NOT just the QBs responsibility. At the minimum it requires at least a WR to make the same read. It didn't seem like that was happening. This isn't even getting to the O-line and HB pass blocking which was, shall we say "poor."

The assertion that Case simply "can't read a blitz" would be more convincing if they were more elaborate blitzes (they're not) or if Case was missing the hot read (there doesn't seem to be one.) Case missed some plays, no doubt about it, but the trouble runs much deeper than Case's somehow dropping 50 points at halftime each game.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote