View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexansTalk Top 10: 2014 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Not to dismiss everything you said, but he came into that game recovering from a stomach virus. He's also been dealing with some bone spurs over the course of the season.

And for all your talk of Mario's hard work at NC State, everyone seems to complain that he didn't have a competitor's spirit. Maybe the same thing happens with Clowney who, accused of taking plays off, becomes overly-enthusiastic when playing with Cush and Watt?

I'll post my top 10 later.
I think that that argument is certainly valid, but did you watch that first game? They were subbing him in and out to give him time to catch his breath. It was sometime in the 3rd quarter that he just was completely spent. The guy looked like he was just done for the game. It wasn't an issue where he was throwing up, or was lightheaded. The issue was that he just couldn't catch his breath at all. On top of that, you've got people questioning his conditioning throughout the season. I love his talent, but there are some red flags with this guy that shouldn't be ignored.

I had the opportunity to watch a lot of college Mario Williams and he was a consistently dominant force in which conditioning was never an issue. People questioned if he was giving it his all every play because he would dominate so thoroughly for a spell, but it wasn't always consistent throughout the entirety of the game.

Clowney is not accused of taking plays off, but taking games off. There is a question of whether or not he really cares about that team all that much, or if he is just concerned with the pay day next year.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote