View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #212
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Eh, it's not like Tate or OD will be on this team next year, so whatever.
Having been in Houston for all my 50 years , I can recall some things . I have listened to Oiler games on the radio in the early 70's ... why ... because they couldn't sell out . Earl Campbell used to work the Skoal display inside the Astro Arena at the rodeo . I didn't hear about it I saw Earl and got me a Skoal Bandit sample . I worked at a grocery store in high school where the manager played the Oiler games over the loud speaker for the costumers and employees to hear , this was the Luv Ya Blue days .

These Luv Ya Blue days is what JJ Watt wants and he can get it because we love a winner . We're not like some fans who want to go just to get abuse , we want badly to have a badass team that plays tough physical football ( well as tough as the NFL lets you these days ) and wins . You get your best player hurt and lose your QB and still win a playoff game on the road , we're behind you 150% . That's what gets you a full stadium after you lose a AFC chamionship game . That JJ Watt is how you become a legend in Houston .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote