View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #150
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Kubiak's comment was on operating tempo. Kubiak has never ran an offense with anything approaching that tempo. Sure, I'm aware of the far lesser competition Case faced, but that has nothing to do with the tempo at which it operates. JFF is operating the same offense at the same tempo in the best conference in football. Kubiak either is doing his best to obfuscate what he really means, or he's failed to prepare his QB adequately.

Given that we've generally looked fantastic in the first half and lousy in the 2nd, I'm not blaming it on the QB, no matter what the number is on the jersey.
I gotcha'. I have never understood Kubiak's avoidance of a no huddle offense. The other night Manning ran it, but it was not a quick snap. He had to run the clock down, so right after the ball was down his offense got in formation. Then he just sat there until there was 5 seconds on the clock to snap it.

This takes a lot of discipline by the offense, but it is effective because it prevents the defense from substituting players and they have to wait much longer than usual for the snap.

Denver can do this because the no-huddle is a staple, so the strategy was a variation of something they already have in their arsenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Folks think I'm making it up. Hell, I wondered if I was "projecting" my feelings onto it. The tape didn't lie, the short crossing routes weren't there for Case in the 2nd half. They made a miraculous reappearance when #8 stepped onto the field.
I'm glad you mentioned that because I was wondering the same thing during the game. But without the benefit of seeing the whole field, I did not have the big picture to know for certain that those routes were not there.

WTF? It makes no sense...unless you start to speculate on other things.

The traditional WCO has always been strong on beating blitzes. It is the nature of the scheme, and many QBs have used it effectively against the blitz for decades.

Heck, Buddy Ryan's blitz happy 46 defense had one Achilles heel: the WCO. They always had a hard time against the 49ers, and we even saw it with the Oilers and Joe Montana in a Chiefs uniform tearing up Buddy's defense.

So why are the short routes not there for Case? Million dollar question.