View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #148
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
DJ would've had less of a chance than Tate had on that play. Wade Smith was blasted into the backfield, completely wrecking the play.

An end around?? Maybe we should've tried running 22 veer, no? I mean, it's about as exotic as an end around
It actually wasn't Wade Smith. Myers got blasted into Wade and then he could get around him, if I recall. It was a call destined for failure before the play happened and yet it was also very predictable.... which is incredibly frustrating. I was not arguing for a particular call, but I would have felt better if the play call illustrated an understanding of the game situation and circumstances- not the least of which was Tate's condition. Some sort of adjustment and imagination (not drawing a new play in the sand but making a call against tendency) was required. We have run the fake end around 12-15 times this year and have yet to hand it to the WR... I don't think we do it or should from the Jumbo package... but we did not need to be in the Jumbo package down to one TE, without a healthy RB, and with our interior offensive line getting beat most of the afternoon.