View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #208
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Can't believe this has gone on this long all over boo'ing. Kind of silly. I'll just post the same thing I did on Tate's facebook when he spoke about it with the most recent quote:

Quote:
These comments are a stretch. Fans who boo'd aren't real fans? An article came out that said Houston fans except being mediocore. Now they expect more they aren't real fans? Which is it? The organization sells out every game. It is a top five profitable organization in the league. That means fans pour money, energy and time. They have a team with loads of talent (Tate included) and watch it lose to inferior teams. It has been on the downslide since the fourth quarter of last season and regressed more. That isn't 'turned things around' But fans should be happy? What mythical fanbase is happy after so much losing/regression? Did I boo? No, I was at home watching and wouldn't have if there. But I can quite understand the frustration fans feel. I'm numb to it after years of being a Texan/Oiler fan.
And someone said they want perspective...well that is perspective. Because our owner spends money shouldn't just make fans accept a medicore product or worse. It isn't displaying a positive result which is the problem. If the regression that has taken place since the bottom quarter last year isn't visible then someone is the type of person that believes in unicorns farting rainbows.

There is a problem and an issue and fans are simply frustrated and rightfully so. They have very few ways to express this frustration so let's stop being shocked and awed when they do so with just some freaking boo'ing. And let's stop acting like this has to do with Houston. Every single sport city has the same thing. Bengals just got boo'd and they are actually leading their divsion. Eagles as well. Falcons have been boo'd this year and so on. Chiefs fans were last year and cheered Cassel's injury. So stop with the 'Oh Houston fans are the worse!'

Can't handle it then try golf or tennis. No boo'ing there.

Last edited by deucetx; 11-19-2013 at 03:17 PM.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote