View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #147
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
thats a coaching error dude.....just proves even more that gary has no in game feel
It was a huge coaching error! I agree with you. I also agree with you that it is an example of Kubiak's limitation as a coach. Please don't mistake my affinity for Coach Kubiak, nor my willingness to defend him in some areas, for blind loyalty. His process speed and imagination during the game is a weakness. He does not have the ability to adjust on the fly like many of the great coaches have: Belicheck, Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Sean Peyton, Jim Harbaugh, etc... Heck, as far as that skill goes, he can't match up with Del Rio, Rex Ryan, and others.

I just don't think that precludes Kubiak from have success, even winning championships in the NFL. I believe Kubiak is a coach in skill set, style, and methodology, like:

Marty Schottenheimer
Tony Dungy
or Tom Landry

I don't mean that he is as good as they are. Only that he has similar abilities and that I see that potential in him. So, though I have recognized issues with him and also been quite frustrated at times, I do not/ have not thought he can't win. I still don't. However, I think circumstances in Houston are at a point when a head coaching change is likely- and probably necessary.

-- Hopefully, the coaching search will be a good one and not simply one made for the sake of change. Then, after this team has a lot of success, fans will remember fondly what Kubiak did to build this organization and appreciate his role in the team's future success- especially if Keenum does end up as the answer at QB... If he does, Kubiak deserves a ton of credit for his development!