View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #145
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
That is the assumption that freaked everyone out. First, you don't know that. Second, I don't think that is the case (no pun intended). As a fan, I agree with you that the season is now about looking to the future. However, I want my coach trying to win games, especially when we are still mathematically in a playoff race, which we certainly were on Sunday (that second wildcard team will probably only win 9, maybe even 8 games)

To me, Kubiak's worst gameday decision, was running Ben Tate on that 3rd and 1. Either DJ should have been in, we should've run an end around or something else exotic, or we should've handed the ball to an up back (Jones)... Tate's play has deteriorated after halftime each of the past two weeks, after he has cooled down during halftime, taken shots in the first half, etc... I understand wanting a RB that knows the plays and protections in the game, but you can't subject a guy with broken ribs to a short yardage situation with all the Bigs in the game, plus and extra LB. Just a stupid decision!
DJ would've had less of a chance than Tate had on that play. Wade Smith was blasted into the backfield, completely wrecking the play.

An end around?? Maybe we should've tried running 22 veer, no? I mean, it's about as exotic as an end around