View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #137
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i'm not excited....just cautiously optimistic. The last thing i want this franchise to do is just give the most important job on the team away instead of letting a guy earn it with legit comp...

My question to you guys is how much time do ya'll need for eval time? Most nfl guys say about 16 games..i only agree with that when talking about qb's who run alot.

But say it is 16 games. that means Keenum will need about 6 more games going into next year. That's a large chunk of the season...Would you be comfortable passing on a potential franchise guy this year & going into next season still evaluating your qb? As we saw this year, 6 games can make or break your season.
Honestly, the only time evaluation I'm giving Keenum is the rest of the year, which is six more games. This season is lost already so you might as well see what you have in Keenum, and that's why I'm so pissed at Kubiak right now. Everyone in their right mind knows Schaub is finished in Houston. Playing Schaub in a lost season is pointless to me. The only thing it accomplished to me was taking away from Keenum's evaluation time.

Six more games is all I'm willing to give Keenum to know if I think the Texans should draft a QB in April. If he's legit than I would want the Texans to draft an OT because I think that's Texans biggest weakness and too important to pass up. But if Keenum's not the future than I would want the future QB in the first round...

Even as I'm typing this, I'm getting more pissed off at Kubiak and his stupid decision to bench Keenum. Finding out if he's the future QB is too ******* important to this team to me to even think about benching him. I definitely want Kubiak gone after that decision Sunday.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote