View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #125
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Funny, but I saw better pocket protection and shorter routes with Schaub as well. For God sakes, don't tell me the kid isn't capable of running a faster-paced offense than you've ever put on a field. Talk to Sumlin about what pace he can operate at. For extended periods. Outside of a two-minute drill.
I respect Case's college career, but let's be real about it. You simply cannot compare defenses in Conference USA to what he's seeing in the NFL.

Case has a lot of raw talent. No telling where the ceiling is on his potential. In that regard, fans are excited about him.

That being said, he has a LOT to learn to be a consistent NFL QB. He's not like Andrew Luck who entered the NFL much better prepared. Luck played for a coach that was a former pro QB in a pro style system against much better defenses. So he hit he ground running.

Case, on the other hand, played in a spread offense in a very weak conference. I'm not even sure if the next 6 games is truly enough to evaluate under the circumstances, but it is a start that I believe he (and this franchise) deserves. Especially considering the high draft pick and QB-friendly draft in 2014.