View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #106
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Umm...you can choose to ignore the truth but it doesn't change the facts. I didn't make anything up. I didn't throw out bogus statements. Those are Yates' career REGULAR season stats. I never said 8 INTs. You misquoted me. I said 6. He was 3-3 in 2011, 0-1 in 2012 and 0-2 in 2013. Does that show progress? You give Yates an "excuse" for not being prepared to come in and he threw 2 picks against the Rams. You give Yates an excuse for throwing 3 INTs (should have been more like 5-6) in a playoff game. But...you don't give Keenum the credit for only having 3 days worth of 1st team reps all year before his first start in the NFL. Oh yeah - he threw no picks that day either. Against a playoff team. On the road. In a playoff-type atmosphere.

Bottom line is Yates had his chance. Yates didn't look "solid" ever. He looked OK. He showed nothing special. Nothing Yates does makes you say if he just improved in one or two areas he'll be great. You can say if Keenum cleans up the blitz issues and understands when it's OK to throw the ball away - he could be great.

If Keenum can't get his problem areas corrected then draft a QB. If he can then someone is going to have a tough decision to make.

Only in your mind does having 3 days of 1st team reps = being thrown in during garbage time in 2 separate blowout games with no 1st team reps all year. The defense knows you have to pass to get back in the game & the qb has to take more chances...If you think that doesn't matter in what TJ faced then you're even more deluded than i thought.

Lol at you thinking that a regular season game being the equivalent to an playoff atmosphere.

The truth? I'll tell you what the truth is. The truth is your blind Keenum love is going to allow you to view Case in the most positive light possible....even when it aint so glowing.

There's just no way you can sit up here and say yates wasn't solid "ever" in his 1st couple of starts. WE WON 3 OF HIS CAREER TOTAL STARTS largely b/c he did well...one of those was directly b/c of him and his poise.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote