View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #105
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
“You guys don’t understand and I’m trying to explain to you—let me try one more time,” Kubiak said. “I’m fine with Case in a two-minute situation. What I was doing, calling the game and some of the decisions, I made to go with to try and help the quarterback out and the offensive line out. It was fixing to be very difficult. It was fixing to be very fast for a young guy who has never been through it. That’s why I did what I did.”
Funny, but I saw better pocket protection and shorter routes with Schaub as well. For God sakes, don't tell me the kid isn't capable of running a faster-paced offense than you've ever put on a field. Talk to Sumlin about what pace he can operate at. For extended periods. Outside of a two-minute drill.

Quote:
Actually, I think I was really thinking of (Keenum) to be honest with you,” Kubiak said. “I’ve been in this league a long time and dealt with a lot of quarterbacks. I’m trying to develop one right now. Right or wrong, I made that decision because of the situation I thought I was fixing to put a young player in from my standpoint of what I was doing coaching wise. I don’t have time to explain that to y’all. That’s why I do what I did. He knows that. I talked to him about that.”
Then you better damn well MAKE sure that player is prepared for that situation before you get into a game situation. You've had a season and a half to get him ready. To paraphrase your own standard commentary: "That's on you!"