View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #104
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You mean like you did? in yates' regular season starts in 2011 he only threw 3 picks not 8. you systematically added in his 2 from the blowout rams loss in which he did not start....he came in cold turkey with no 1st team reps. and you also added the 3 he threw.......... in a playoff game .....against a SB contender no less...a level of intensity that most young qbs would fold under let alone a guy making his 1st playoff start ever as a rookie.

Which again bring me back to yates being a true rookie...green as they come...unlike Keenum who at least got to sit and learn the system & get somewhat of an idea of the speed of the NFL his rookie year.

All i'm saying is, there's next to no reason why anyone should be more excited & optimistic for Keenum than they were for Yates. They look about the same at this juncture. Yates came out & looked solid against Jax & ATL, looked damn good against Cincy & then stunk it up his next 2 starts against Carolina & Indy....Pretty much the same deal with Keenum thus far.
Umm...you can choose to ignore the truth but it doesn't change the facts. I didn't make anything up. I didn't throw out bogus statements. Those are Yates' career REGULAR season stats. I never said 8 INTs. You misquoted me. I said 6. He was 3-3 in 2011, 0-1 in 2012 and 0-2 in 2013. Does that show progress? You give Yates an "excuse" for not being prepared to come in and he threw 2 picks against the Rams. You give Yates an excuse for throwing 3 INTs (should have been more like 5-6) in a playoff game. But...you don't give Keenum the credit for only having 3 days worth of 1st team reps all year before his first start in the NFL. Oh yeah - he threw no picks that day either. Against a playoff team. On the road. In a playoff-type atmosphere.

Bottom line is Yates had his chance. Yates didn't look "solid" ever. He looked OK. He showed nothing special. Nothing Yates does makes you say if he just improved in one or two areas he'll be great. You can say if Keenum cleans up the blitz issues and understands when it's OK to throw the ball away - he could be great.

If Keenum can't get his problem areas corrected then draft a QB. If he can then someone is going to have a tough decision to make.