View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #102
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
See though, the bolded is where i just disagree. It looks different b/c of how we've been scoring as of late......but different doesn't translate to better.

Everyone, including myself, thought that we just needed to go deep more...to stop teams from sitting on the short stuff. Well, we've been doing that with Keenum & we still can't score a damn TD in the 2nd half of games. What's more is that it appears we've made a bad situation worse. The o-line is playing as bad as they've ever played since we've tried to emulate air-coryell.

The other thing is, early in the season the offense had 2 hellified explosive halfs against SD and Tenn where we looked just about unstoppable.....and that was with Schaub. Sure, we weren't going deep but we were moving the ball pretty much at will. & just like now, we had the same set of issues. We didn't run the ball well, our o-line had trouble in pass pro, our ST's was still trash and our defense wasn't exactly doing much either. We've seen that in the past with Schaub and this offense where they just get on a roll.

I just think the offense has just gotten stale & outdated. I mean, you're starting to hear grumblings out of Washington from RG3 about how teams are keying in on their predictability.....& they have a premium talent at the qb position. I don't think it's a coincidence that the 2 teams saying this run virtually the same offense.

No, you don't disagree. I just didn't state clearly enough what I meant. We're exactly on the same page with this. The offense is stale and predicatable and I didn't mean to completely equate Case's mere presence with being the reason things improved. I meant that even the slight adjustments in formation and play selection that Kubiak made in KC and in the first half against Indy was enough to shake things loose a little more. I think we'd have had productive halves with Schaub too (obviously less dramatic deep stuff) with those changes.

Case made Gary get out of his comfort zone a little bit but at the same time Gary wants back in there as soon as he can. He doesn't see that the changes were what made things better, not just the QB change.

Case is more dynamic than Matt. Plugged into Gary's offense the way Matt has been Case is just a less experienced Matt who gets eaten alive and sometimes breaks loose and can create on the fly. Matt can barely do that. That's Case's gift. The bigger problem is the offense which I think needs to go. Spending 6 more games teaching Case to be as much like Matt as possible is going in reverse. Gary needs to change what he's doing. If he did that even Schaub's experience would be put to better use.