View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #99
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Don't know if this has been posted from NFL.com"
Quote:
Sticking with Keenum is the sensible move. Then again, it made no sense to bench Keenum during Sunday's 28-23 loss to the Oakland Raiders -- a move that didn't work out.

"I've got total confidence in him," Kubiak said.

His actions Sunday told a different story. Kubiak spoke of Keenum's struggles to change protections and deal with Oakland's blitzes, but isn't experience the best teacher?

"I didn't want to put a young guy in a bad situation," Kubiak said. "I'd do it again. I tried to help out the quarterback and offensive line."

We liked it the first time Kubiak named Keenum the Texans' starter. While Keenum hasn't been perfect, he's not the reason why the Texans keep losing. He's been an upgrade from Schaub.

Facing the toughest situation of his career, Kubiak boldly rolled with Keenum in an effort to save his job. Sunday's loss to Oakland and return to Schaub came out of pure desperation. Kubiak wanted to see if Schaub had anything left from his peak Pro Bowl form. It didn't work.
link

That statement just eats me up.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote