View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #83
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
It's also funny that i hear all this "give case a legitimate chance" bark from everyone but you don't hear that same bark for TJ Yates though. I mean here's a guy who himself only started 8 games for this team, won a few of them including a playoff game, came into the season as the #2 & yet he was passed over for the starting job when Schaub went down in favor of the #3 guy. It's highly likely that Case doesn't do much more in these final games to say he definitely should be the starter. Is everyone going to be willing to put Keenum out to pasture like they did TJ? My guess is no. It'll be something else then...
TJ Yates - 3 TD 6 INT
Case Keenum - 8 TD 1 INT

BTW - 2 of TJs INTs were THIS season on 22 attempts. TJ should have come in for Schaub and lit the place on fire. Instead he mimicked Schaub. I'd rather TJ than Schaub but that isn't saying much.

Keenum has 6 more games to audition for the job in 2014. He hasn't looked great but given his experience level he's looked pretty good. The new coach (hopefully) will need to evaluate him and decide if he has the potential to stick with him or if the team needs to look elsewhere for a replacement or at least solid competition.