View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #82
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Give Case a legitimate chance is all I'm saying. Don't pull him in the third quarter of a close game like Kubiak did. Apparently he didn't get the memo that the world has stuck a fork in his team and his job. It's evaluation time and you don't evaluate a young QB or teach him how to deal with pressure by sitting him down and giving him a Capri Sun juice bag while you put someone else in to do the job. I heard his explanation and I buy that he's rationalized it that way.

Show me the QB who learned how to handle being blitzed into ineffectiveness in 4 games. I want to know who that guy is. We've seen the good things Case can do and we (along with all the DC's in the league) have seen the things he doesn't do well. What we need to know is whether or not he gets better with some experience.

You don't get experience from the bench.

Additionally if you're not a Case fan and you want to see the UH alums shut up (or make way for the A&M alums if you want to be honest) then you should be adamant that Case be left out there. You don't think he's the answer. You think his ceiling is Rex Grossman-like. Fine. It's a valid opinion unless and until he can manage to prove otherwise. If I felt that way I'd want everyone who won't shut up about Case to see it happen so that when draft comes around they'll shut up about their hero and accept the new QB that gets drafted.

Case needs to play every possible minute of the next 6 games. Fans and critics alike should agree on that completely.