View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #78
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
while i agree there is bias around here, can anyone honestly say case has been given a fair shot? even at practice he splits time, so if he cant handle or read the hot route on the blitz its 100% garys fault for not teaching this. there is no reason to give schaub any reps in practice. meaningless wins by schaub in november are meaningless. give case 100% reps and let him try to get wins. the FUTURE of this organization is based on how case plays and improves. thats why gary and his bias should be fired now. he does not have our FUTURE in his current plans and if case is not our qb next year, this off-season is going to be rough. adding a legit qb to the list of needs will be devastating imo.
Well, Gary has to know himself that he likely isn't in this teams future plans if he doesn't get this crap turned around asap....so tell me again why he would be so incumbent upon giving case every chance to succeed again? Dude is trying to win games & like it or not, he did that for 2 years with Schaub.

It's also funny that i hear all this "give case a legitimate chance" bark from everyone but you don't hear that same bark for TJ Yates though. I mean here's a guy who himself only started 8 games for this team, won a few of them including a playoff game, came into the season as the #2 & yet he was passed over for the starting job when Schaub went down in favor of the #3 guy. It's highly likely that Case doesn't do much more in these final games to say he definitely should be the starter. Is everyone going to be willing to put Keenum out to pasture like they did TJ? My guess is no. It'll be something else then...

"oh, well with a new coach i think he can improve.." - Maybe, Maybe not.
"well it was only 8-9 games, & it usually takes a full season of games to really figure out if a guy can play or not.." - Is that right? well TJ only got & he was done in everyone's eyes..

You guys don't see the fail in your logic. Understand that Kubiak made the decision to pass over TJ Yates & give case a shot in the 1st place even though it would've been very easy to justify going with TJ. Now all of a sudden he's sabotaging Case with playcalling & god knows everything else just so he can get his boy Schaub back in? You guys aren't making any sense.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote