View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL will look at making QBs safer

The arm is .... right across the shoulder pads.

Does the head contact the shoulder pad .... yeah but as a consequence of the whiplash effect. I'd call it incidental .... but that's with the benefit of slomo. Letter of the rule .... sure , I'd agree with that if it was the call on the field , could also see it going the other way.

I'd expect the league to confirm it .... it would have been a difficult call in real time.

They've made it difficult for defenses .... cant hit the QB high , cant hit him low , cant touch the receiver after 5 yards , cant hit him as he's making the grab unless you are playing the ball , cant blast him after he's made the catch until he becomes a runner (which is discretionary at best).
Its getting to the point where even a great defense cant compensate for the difference in talent at the QB / WR positions.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote