View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL will look at making QBs safer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It was the correct call under the existing rules. Fans just keep screwing up the rule as head to head. Blows to the head or neck area by helmet, shoulder or arm are prohibited.

The two potential rule changes they are thinking about are extensions of the low hit rule. One extension would apply it outside the pocket (right now it is only in the pocket) and another would apply it during rushing exchanges (right now it does not apply until the QB assumes a passing posture). I don't see either of those as changing the sport.
Didn't look like contact to the head or neck to me , his arm went across the chest ... you see the head stay for a fraction of a second then decide its time to follow the rest of his body. Poor call IMO.

Didn't watch that game , was it reviewed or called in that instant ?? That would be a tough call to make in real time. I could see them erring on the side of protecting the QB if it was a real time / not reviewed.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote