View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #44
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know it's not popular, but I'm not completely sold on Case as the future. I certainly like some of what I have seen (like most fans), especially his ability to extend plays and do something special.

But, an NFL QB that cannot read defenses and pick up a blitz won't be an NFL QB for long. Defense now have tape on him, and they see one dimensional when they throw blitzes at him.

And I have wanted to see the "clutch factor" in some form, but his second half performances are not giving me much to believe in right now. And it's not all about being a rookie. We have too many examples the past couple of years of rookie QBs winning games with clutch moments. I want to believe in the dude, but I'm not going to wear blinders to do it. However, I do think they should give him some more time to see if he improves.

Otherwise, time to clean house and use that high draft pick on a [hopefully] franchise QB of the future.
Completely agree, and I'm a huge Case Homer, and UH alum. I've seen him do some fancy stuff in college, and he definitely has some intangibles we have yet to see in a Texans QB. That being said he has to read the defense better pre-snap. I'm hoping that can be taught and learned, and that's the real reason we need him to start the final 6 games. If marked improvement in this aspect does not happen then we at least know where in the draft we should pick a QB. I want the kid to win so bad, but I want the team to do well even more so. If that means drafting someone early and letting them take the reigns in 2014 then so be it.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote