View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #40
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know it's not popular, but I'm not completely sold on Case as the future. I certainly like some of what I have seen (like most fans), especially his ability to extend plays and do something special.

But, an NFL QB that cannot read defenses and pick up a blitz won't be an NFL QB for long. Defense now have tape on him, and they see one dimensional when they throw blitzes at him.

And I have wanted to see the "clutch factor" in some form, but his second half performances are not giving me much to believe in right now. And it's not all about being a rookie. We have too many examples the past couple of years of rookie QBs winning games with clutch moments. I want to believe in the dude, but I'm not going to wear blinders to do it. However, I do think they should give him some more time to see if he improves.
Yeah, I think he deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt the rest of the season. I'm a little bit more optimistic of his ability to learn how to make the defense pay for blitzing him all the time.

And IMO, we tried that drafting a QB with high pick in the draft stuff. Too risky for my blood. We've got more important needs. You're gonna have to make a real strong case at the end of the season convincing me Keenum is not it. Right now, there are two things about him that stick out. He's mobile, and he throws it accurately downfield. Yeah, right now, he can't read a blitz worth a sh!t.

But that's correctable. Those other two things are not.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote