View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You know, Capers was kind of lost like this toward the end too if you recall. I remember he was pretty much a dead-coach walking toward the last few games of the season and I kind of felt sorry for him. It was impossible not to.

Gary's got that same sound and look today. It's all gotten away from him and he doesn't really understand how that happened or how to get hold of it again.
Jack Pardee had that headset that got crooked when he looked lost. Never helped that the dern thing was not hooked up. Bud just wanted him to look "like a coach".

Rudy T had the puzzled look at the end, too, but his signature was the disheveled tie and crumpled suit.

Larry Dierker got there with the sunflower seed stuck to his lip that his tongue never could remove. Fortunately the camera zoomed in to catch the moment, and his hat being on crooked just completed the picture.

Dom Capers certainly had the look during 2-14. Sort of a mouth agape "duhhh" look with a blank stare. Epitomized the bewildered look.

Now we see Kubiak up in the box, lonely, both hands on his forehead, just wondering what the hell just happened in the past 8 weeks. I really believe him when he says "it's on me" and that he just doesn't know what went wrong and doesn't know how to fix it.

Us H-town fans are becoming pros at recognizing "the look" of head coaches/managers that have lost complete control. That's not a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ok, I'll bite.

He benched Keenum because nobody on offense had it together on picking up the blitz. They were teeing off every single down. He was trying to keep him from becoming a shell shocked turtle like David Carr.

Not that far-fetched. It makes sense if you at least try being a little objective, but I know that's a little too much to ask, so I won't bother.
So, he was doing the young QB a favor by benching him to protect him. I see what you did there, like some kind of jedi fan mind trick.

I know it's not popular, but I'm not completely sold on Case as the future. I certainly like some of what I have seen (like most fans), especially his ability to extend plays and do something special.

But, an NFL QB that cannot read defenses and pick up a blitz won't be an NFL QB for long. Defense now have tape on him, and they see one dimensional when they throw blitzes at him.

And I have wanted to see the "clutch factor" in some form, but his second half performances are not giving me much to believe in right now. And it's not all about being a rookie. We have too many examples the past couple of years of rookie QBs winning games with clutch moments. I want to believe in the dude, but I'm not going to wear blinders to do it. However, I do think they should give him some more time to see if he improves.

Otherwise, time to clean house and use that high draft pick on a [hopefully] franchise QB of the future.