View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #13
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
That said, I understand Kubiak's move to go to Schaub, it makes sense to me. Oakland was blitzing Keenum on every down. Keenum was completing only half his passes and was on a 3 and out roll. Converting 3rd downs was not in the vocabulary. When Schaub went in Oakland stopped blitzing. That says Kubiak was on to something and the Texans were 1 yard away from winning the game.
Have to disagree on this point though I can see where you're coming from. But Kubiak wasn't on to anything really. It was an act of desperation. Schaub has not been good against the blitz all season. We were a yard from winning but how many times have we been close to come up with nothing? How many times has Schaub drove us down the field getting yards but ended it with field goals instead? It was nothing new.

Schaub was blitzed but not initially as the Raiders had to adjust. He got blitzed on 12 throws. He completed a whopping 5 of them for 41.7 completion percentage and a rating of 61.5. And on those throws it was only an average of 5.9 yards per attempts. So no, he isn't good against the blitz and Raiders came to that conclusion so began blitzing him more.

So yeah Keenum completed half of his passes when blitzed. Schaub completed less than half.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote