View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
I agree with most of what you state here.

Exception being, Keenum will never learn how to make them pay for blitzing him sitting on the bench. Throw him in there then study the film. Painful but necessary. Experience counts in the NFL. On the field not on the bench.

Hell, I could learn how to sit on the bench drinking Gatoraid.
Actually, I agree with everything you said there. (I know, right?)

For the record, I was as mad as everyone else was when Keenum was pulled. Figure the only way he's gonna learn how to deal with the blitz, is to stay on the field and take the hard knocks. But having said that, I do understand why Kubiak pulled him, not that I agree with it. With the OL as bad as it is, and with the RBs not having a clue about blitz protecting, you'd be a fool to not worry about shell shocking this kid. Play Keenum with long term interests in mind, but put him in an environment where he has a chance, not where he's running for his life every time the ball is snapped. Do that, and eventually he'll end up being a turtle like David Carr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
And I stated the same thing several weeks ago about many of our players are overrated by our fellow fans.

Yeah, good luck convincing 'our fellow fans' of that. The "quick-fix" mentality around here is just as rampant as it ever was.