View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #434
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You nailed it in the off-season. You watched him for his entire career and knew last season was his last to be a productive player.

And in our intoxicated koolaide delusions, we thought you were just being bitter.

But, you were right on the money. And while listening to you would have have changed a damn thing with regards to the Texans signing Reed, at least we could have avoided any unrealistic expectations about the player.

Unless the last name is Brady or Manning, I am no longer going to cheer the Texans signing overpriced, used up, washed out past-their-prime players.
I got pretty beat up by people here but then lost my composure and lowered my standards for which I paid the price.

But my assessment of Reed's play was based on unbiased observance of his play since 2002. I stopped rooting for the names on the back of jerseys back in the 80's- I root for the name on the front of the jersey so its easy for me to assess a player's performance.

Ed was done 2 years ago- he hurt his hip initially against the Texans in the playoff game in Baltimore in 2010. Never really recovered from that.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote