View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013   #104
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Anyone here ever meet Corey Bradford? I did once and spoke with him for a few minutes in 2003. He was in my opinion a very nice man and struck me in passing as a quality person. I'm not speaking about his ability as a WR (though I'd rather have Corey Bradford than either Keyshawn Martin (PR for a TD yesterday or not) or some of the other bums we've brought in here over the years. How good or bad of a player he was isn't what I'm talking about.

We talked a little bit about the then-current doomed season and the progress the Texans were making. I have never forgotten the look on his face when he told me that they had let all of us down and that he was sorry. It was totally misplaced and he couldn't have been more wrong but he really did seem to feel like they had fallen short of what was expected and he seemed genuinely upset about it. I couldn't be mad at him if I'd wanted to.

I just told him that I thought they were doing their best and that the fans understood that it took time to build an NFL team. Knowing how Carr liked the check down so much and rarely looked past his first read I imagine Corey ran a lot of routs that were doomed to produce nothing from the moment the ball was snapped. Still I haven't any doubt that he was trying and wanted nothing more than to succeed and hear Texans fans cheer. He was there opening night and he knew what was within their grasp if they could just put it all together.

Ben Tate, in this respect has nothing on Corey Bradford and Ben Tate never will. He doesn't get it and as far as I'm concerned he can hit the door when this season is over.