View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Highest 2014 priority

I think it's pretty obvious that a new coach and staff are the change that must happen first but I chose offensive line because I think that the line is in really bad shape and has been for a while now. Whoever ends up coaching this mess next season is going to have to rebuild and unless they're complete morons that means building the lines first.

Only a fool drafts a franchise QB without lining up an effective group of linemen to block for him so spare me the stupid "If you have a chance to draft a franchise QB you MUST DO IT!" arguments. Every year there's a new bunch of franchise QB's ready to come out and set the league on fire. Every year most of them don't do much and some of that is because they go to dysfunctional franchises that are too stupid to understand that you have to get a line in place before you put the expensive new QB toy behind it.

If this franchise hasn't learned that then what's the point of any of it really? I hope even a team as screwed up as Bob McNair's could remember what it did just 12 years ago.

Start drafting linemen. Build an impenetrable wall of very big, very fast, very smart men and the rest will be easy no matter what system your new head coach wants to run.