View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Highest 2014 priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I went with "something else" for the simple reason that we have too many "pressing needs" to narrow it down to only one.

We need another safety behind Keo, Swearinger and Manning. We need a CB. I'm assuming Brennan Williams will not come back 100% but I'm going to assume David Quessenberry will contribute next season. Many say his best position is OG. We have to get one more season out of Wade Smith. So we need an OT. We have Trevardo Williams in the wings at OLB, but we're not getting sacks from outside. We need another OLB. Mays, Tarpinian & Tuggle are adequate, but we need a beast at ILB. And we need consistent push from our NT, so we need an upgrade here.

So our most pressing needs are at OT, NT, ILB, OLB, CB and S.

We're going to have a high draft pick and a lot of fans say we need to go QB. But we need a serious upgrade in overall talent and I can't see this happening in less than two years unless we trade our #1 for additional picks. Even doing this we will need to spend the money, if we can free up cap space, for one, maybe two, quality free agents.

The best I can do is to narrow our needs down to the two most pressing and I would say these are OT and CB. Really good CB's are hard to find in later rounds. Going CB in the 1st round would pay dividends; and OT with our high #2.
if we got Quessenberry and Williams waiting in the wings and newton just going on his what 3rd year how is tackle our most pressing need

and Jackson and JJO are still here so CB isn't much a need its just we would like to upgrade them but we don't have the luxuary of going with what we "LIKE"

and u give all this help to the Def I think our Offensive and special teams needs a lot of help 2

if we are pick in the top 5 we def need a Corner stone player and if there is no one there we like we trade down but man I think if your picking in the top 5 u gotta roll the dice on a QB or a Super star DEF player
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote